About the service
Need and advantages of registration
Section 22 to Section 30 of the CGST Act, 2017 deals in registration under GST by every supplier of goods and services.
Threshold limit for GST Registration is following with effect from 1st April 2019.
Business which are
1. engaged in exclusive supply of service or supply of goods and services both - Rs. 20 Lakhs or above
2. engaged in exclusive supply of service or supply of goods and services both in case of the States of Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura - Rs. 10 Lakhs or above
3. engaged in exclusive Supply of Goods - Rs. 40 Lakhs or above
4. engaged in exclusive Supply of Goods in case of the States of Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Puducherry, Sikkim, Telangana, Tripura, Uttarakh - Rs. 20 Lakhs or above
1. Tariff Item 2105 0000 - Ice cream and other edible ice, whether or not containing cocoa
2. Tariff Item 2106 9020 - Pan Masala
3. Tariff Item Chapter 24 - All goods i.e. Tobacco and manufactured tobacco substitutes
Following Businesses/persons are required to take mandatory registration
Person/business engaged in Inter State taxable supply of goods;
Person liable to pay tax under reverse charge mechanism;
Person who are required to pay tax under sub-section (5) of section 9;
Non-resident taxable person making taxable supply;
Persons who are required to deduct tax under section 51, whether or not separately registered under this Act;
Persons who make taxable supply of goods or services or both on behalf of other taxable persons whether as an agent or otherwise;
Input Service Distributor, whether or not separately registered under this Act;
Persons who supply goods or services or both, other than supplies specified under sub-section (5) of section 9, through such electronic commerce operator who is required to collect tax at source under section 52;
Every electronic commerce operator who is required to collect tax at source under section 52;
Every person supplying online information and database access or retrieval services from a place outside India to a person in India, other than a registered person; and
Such other person or class of persons as may be notified by the Government on the recommendations of the Council.
Following persons/businesses are not liable to take registration
Persons/businesses engaged exclusively in the business of supplying wholly exempted goods or services from tax under CGST or IGST Act
Persons/business engaged in the business of supplying agricultural products to the extent of supply of produce out of cultivation of land.
Further based on the recommendation of GST Council, the Government has specified following category of persons who may be exempted from obtaining registration
Persons making only reverse charge supplies, the tax on which is liable to be paid on reverse charge basis by the recipient.
The person engaged in making inter-state supplies of taxable services and having an aggregate turnover of less than INR 20 Lakhs or INR 10 Lakhs in case of special category states, in a financial year.
Persons making inter-state taxable supplies of notified goods and having an aggregate turnover of up to INR 20 Lakhs or INR 10 Lakhs i.e. handicraft goods, notified products made by the craftsmen.
Casual taxable persons making inter-state taxable supplies of notified goods and having an aggregate turnover of up to INR 20 Lakhs or INR 10 Lakhs i.e. handicraft goods, notified products made by the craftsmen.
Job workers making inter-state taxable supplies of services to a registered person and having an aggregate turnover of up to INR 20 Lakhs or INR 10 Lakhs other than services in relation to jewellery, goldsmiths, silver-smiths.
Persons making supplies of services, other than supplies specified u/s 9(5), through an E-Commerce Operator and having an aggregate turnover of up to INR 20 Lakhs or INR 10 Lakhs.
- Passport Size Photographs of proprietor
- PAN No. proprietor
- Trade name of proprietor
- Address proof of business in the form of Electricity Bill/Municipal Tax Payment Receipt/Rent Agreement/Consent Letter
- Address of proprietor
- Mobile Number of proprietor
- Email of proprietor
- Letter of Authorisation of Authorised Signatory if Authorised signatory is otherthan proprietor
- PAN Number, Aadhar Number, Mobile Number and Email of Authorised Signatory